Summer Brigades 2014
- Currently Participating Disciplines: Architecture, Community, Dental, Environmental, Human Rights, Medical, Microfinance, Public Health, Water
Visit each discipline tab at the top of this page for respective contact information about trips, volunteer form processing and accepting.
Eligibility READ ALL:
All volunteers traveling with Global Brigades must have a passport valid for at least six months
after the date of departure from Honduras, Panama, Nicaragua, or Ghana.
- Yes, we will accept alumni and students outside of UCLA, but will give preference to current UCLA students first when it comes down to taking people off the wait list
- Yes, if needed a wait list will open up and yes we try to get as many volunteers off the wait list and onto the trip when possible
- All deposits and payments are included in the tentative total contribution. The depending factor is the flight cost once we have confirmed our volunteer numbers. Total cost does not include visa/ passport processing, and travel medications/vaccines.
- Spots on each brigade discipline will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis- there will be cap on popular disciplines like medical, so overflow will go to the next preferred discipline indicated on your volunteer form. Spots fill up fast.
- Note: Your reservation on the trip will not be completely confirmed until the deposit has been contributed on empowered.org. Amount and deadline will be notified by in email of acceptance onto the trip by the respective discipline president.
- All contributions on empowered.org is non-refundable as Global Brigades is a 501(c)3 Non-profit and 100% of contributions are tax-deductible.